How Healthy is My Hair Product?



 How Healthy is My Hair Product?

I honestly love doing my hair. Making sure I get a product that gets the right texture, shine and hold is essential for me when picking what hair product I use. Right now, I use American Crew Foaming Cream because it smells nice, has medium shine and medium hold. I have heard of the American Crew brand for many years and have used their products before, however, I never looked at the ingredients used to make this product or if it was safe to use. When I decided to take a look, I found it interesting that they do not have the ingredients listed anywhere on the actual product packaging. After doing some basic research, it was still easy to find exactly what is in it. I found out that it is a water-based product, it has lanolin wax, sucrose, PVP polymer and glycerin as their main ingredients. Even though I do not know what most of this means, I want to take a dive into a specific ingredient used to make this product, sucrose. 




What is Sucrose?

When analyzing this ingredient, it has one of the most healthy reviews possible when looking at EWG reviews. It has a low score on cancer, allergies & immunotoxicity, developmental & reproductive toxicity and use restrictions. 

After doing this research, I will most likely continue to use this product as this ingredient does not seem like it is harmful. However, I will definitely be doing more research on the rest of the ingredients because sucrose is just one of many. This product is also easy to wash out with just some water and shampoo. If I decided that I did want a healthier product, I could easily switch to a brand called Sonny's as they are plant based and seem healthy.

Realizing that many of these products can actually be harmful to ourselves and the environment is a big eye opener. Will you research the products in your cabinet to see if it's harmful?

#wwusustainability 

Sources:


https://www.americancrew.com/products/forming-cream 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Last Footprint Evaluation