My Last Footprint Evaluation

Final Footprint Evaluation 

Ecological Footprint:

Before:


After:


When evaluating the ecological footprint, it is clear that I have improved my footprint drastically. I have actively been trying to decrease my ecological footprint by driving much less and carpooling almost everywhere I go. I want to keep this going because it is clearly working. I definitely reached my goals for this footprint and will definitely keep working on them.

Carbon Footprint:

Before:



After:


When evaluating my carbon footprint, I have also greatly reduced my carbon usage. Although it was not nearly as much as the ecological footprint, I am still glad I was able to reduce it even slightly. I did reach my goal of reducing my footprint, however, I want to still reduce it even further. By carpooling much more and driving less, this will really help me do that. I also want to get a more environmentally friendly car. Whether it is hybrid or fully electric, it will still be a better option that using my 2013 Nissan Altima.

Water Footprint:

Before:



After:


Lastly, when evaluating my water footprint, I have actually increased the amount of water I use. I definitely did not reach my goal of reducing the footprint, however, I believe that I have definitely paid more attention to the amount of water I use. I have been flushing the toilet less often than before, taken shorter showers and even started turning off the sink whenever I am in between washing dishes. I can still take better showers by turning off the water when I am not using it. Even though I did not reach my goal, I am still determined to reduce my footprint.

One thing that was not calculated is the amount of paper I use. I have actively been recycling and using much less toilet paper whenever I use the bathroom. That would be a very interesting evaluation that I will most likely do in the near future just to see where I am at. Overall, this experience has been very cool to be more conscious and I want to keep it going! Will you?


Comments